My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, November 05, 2004

The Great Bierce Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday, and by an odd coincidence, it is also our daughter's birthday. If you don't think that takes planning!

In view of the great gift I received for my birthday, I had my qualms when I approached him yesterday to find out what he was really looking forward to.

"I need a new belt," he said. Indeed the one he'd been wearing every day for more years than we could pin down was getting shabby.

"Where do you want to go to look?" I thought I could at least get a trip into "town" out of this situation.

"The flea market!" he said.

It was a nice day for a ride, the flea market wasn't crowded yet. He found what he wanted, albeit a size longer than he had planned on, and he even paid for it himself.

The guy's a saint!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a deal, huh? Thanks for your post on my site.
Ameena

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home