My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Spring AGAIN!

I love to garden, and I have about an acre to play around with. (We have another acre, but it's hayfield and "rock garden", which after thirteen years here we are just debating what to do with it.)

Husband and I have differing ideas of the proper way to garden. I pull weeds -- he mows over them.

We have a little tradition between us -- the Discovery of the Day. The first daffodill, the first -- whatever. Well, this year, we had a relative whopper. We've planted a lot of trees that Husband can't resist ordering. Some have grown. Well, he planted one hapless little twig near what I call my "driveway" garden about five years ago. It just seemed to grow into a taller and taller leafy twig. Then last Saturday, I was resting on my rake to catch a breath and looked at the thing. On the tops of the long upward-reaching branches, there were little reddish buds!

The next day, a few opened into pale pink blossoms, and now those parts of the tree are covered with white blossoms, so thick they look as though there are no leaves with them.

This qualifies as a Discovery of the Year -- and a lesson. Don't give up on something that is still healthy and green!

What is your Discovery of the Day today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home