My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, February 15, 2008

Big Day Is Finally Here

Okay, so yesterday was Valentine's Day, and Husband shelled out for four bags of chocolate candy and a card --but I was waiting for today. Candy is good, but planting seeds is better!

We went to Lowe's so I could get some peat pots, and when I came home I got right to work planting basil, parsely, sage and mint seeds. It was rather warm today, compared to what we have been seeing -- 58 degrees -- and more like 68 in the greenhouse.

I mixed garden soil, sifted composted soil from the pile we've been building for several years, and play sand in more or less equal parts, filled the peat pots (8 for each type of seed), watered lightly and will stand back and let them grow.

Husband is cheering on the basil. He loved fresh basil in his pasta salad dressing.

I've got plenty more seeds to work with. I see us going back to Lowe's pretty often. There were some lovely plants that almost reached out an grabbed me, but I called on my will power. No blueberries --yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home