My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, November 16, 2007

The First Real Signs

Winter is really going to come this year. There's always a thought in the back of my head that something will happen and the seasons will take a U-turn -- that never happens.

But yesterday afternoon, Husband and I did a little tour of the town we live near -- gas station, bank, Post Office -- and while I was waiting for him to finish one of his errands, I saw two bits of snow hit the windshield. Darn! We're going to have winter again this year!

I was spoiled those seventeen winters we lived in Florida, far enough south that we didn't have any snow to contend with. Our well-housing froze and split when the temp got down to eight above, and we had water spouting ten feet in the air and forming an ice sculpture, but that was the worst it got.

Anyone want this winter? Make a bid on it? I don't plan to use it very heavily. Sigh -- I guess I'm going to be stuck with it, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home