My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's Been a Long Time!

So where have I been? I've been writing. I'm in a very productive phase, working on a three-book series and two stand-alone books, all romances, of course.

Finishing the second book of the series left me drained, but not as sad as I get when I've decided that I've said all there is to say about my main character. That is what makes it so hard to end a book -- that separation anxiety we feel at the end of a school year, the loss of a friend.

But with the series, I carry multiple characters in the books -- and they are lobbying for a fourth book already. I'm a tough task-master, though. I've been telling them three books and done -- I think.

Being drained of strength has another effect on me -- I get hungry for foods I can't have, not because of any health concerns, but because many of the foods I was raised on are no longer available -- at least on a budget. Today I am craving Neufchatel cheese with strawberries blended into it -- on hot buttered toast. Maybe that is why I insisted on getting pickle-loaf at the grocery store today -- it's not olive loaf, but it's okay.

One of the great treats of my childhood was toasted Hershey-bar sandwiches. Mom had a sandwich press long before they became the standard equipment they are in kitchens now. We got a whole box of Hershey bars just before Christmas every year, and on bitter cold days, the sandwiches would be waiting for us when we got home from sled-riding. Now, they are but a memory.

I wonder what my kids will jones for when I'm gone. My monkeybread? Maybe.

I think I'll add food in the questionneir I fill out for my characters.

1 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

My goodness I'm impressed. The diligence to stay with it all when it is spring and there is gardening to be done! Looking forward to hearing more about the mew folks in the neighborhood...er..books that is!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home