My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Beaming A Little!

I feel like Tinkerbell! You do believe in me. At least someone out there in blog-reading land reads my blogs. I feel so vindicated, so empowered.

This reminds me of an episode in my life, just a few short minutes when I glowed.

My son was doing his senior project at Warren Wilson College in North Carolina and we trekked up from Florida, where we lived at the time, to see his play. The Artist in Residence then was a Hollywood character actor, Graham Paul, whom you may remember from the opeing shot of Pale Rider . Both our daughter and son had studied under him and I was anxious to meet him, but I didn't think it would happen quite the way it did.

We went into the theatre from the stage entrance when we got to the college, knowing that Dana would be there doing last minute things. I have trouble in low-light situations, so I was a little hesitant, just taking in the situation.

I think someone called out to Dana that "hey, your folks are here!" A man who was sitting in the audience with some students around him got to his feet and hurried toward the stage.

"Mrs. Bierce! I'm so glad to meet you," he said, extending his hand. "I'm Graham Paul. . . I've been looking forward to meeting you."

Well, that made my day -- and maybe my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home