My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Inevitable -- Christmas Shopping

It was a nice day, so at noon I suggested to husband that we go Christmas Shopping. Tomorrow it's going to rain, and I don't like shopping in the rain. He was amenable -- his mouth was full.

So we went down to Pigeon Forge to a store that is always well stocked and the prices are Half! That's right. Half! Well we picked out sweaters for daughter and granddaughter, a hooded sweatshirt for grandson, etc. for our sons and almost-son-in-law.

Then I declared us finished.

"What about you?" husband asked.

"I refuse to pick out my own Christmas present again this year," I declared.

You should have seen his face. Horror struck! After 42 -- count them -- years of marriage, I made my stand.

"What about me?" he asked.

"I got your present last week," I said, turning resolutely toward the check out.

Six nice gifts for $87.60 is not a bad deal. The look on husband's face -- priceless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home