My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Looking Ahead -- the Year Moves On

I live in Tennessee -- and at the moment, it's hot here! HOT! And it has been for two weeks, at least. The saving grace is that we live in the sticks, without a lot of concrete to radiate heat. We have trees -- sometimes I think we have too many, and in the wrong places. They shade us -- or not -- depending on how close they are to the house, and where the sun is. I'd like some rain.

I'm tired of lugging water to the plants I can't reach with the hose, and the ones I think I need to pamper. And I'm beginning to resent having to pamper them. Seems like every time I water the plants in the "driveway garden," the weeds sidle up to them and steal their water. You can't trust weeds!

In the midst of all this, I'm making quilts. Quilts, mind you! What am I thinking of?

I'm thinking of fall. Autumn. When I can pull up all the weeds, redistribute perennials, collect compost. Okay, so the last part can be a pain, but it has to be done.

Then -- I can get back to my writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home