My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Up and Running Again

August is a difficult month to deal with, at least for me. It always seems twice as long as any other month. It's hot and rainy, and the weeds take over. I don't want to see weeds, so I stay inside, near a ceiling fan and indulge in my other "lives."

Quilting makes my mind wander. It goes to things like -- oh, the stray people drifting around in my mind. And then I turn on the computer! So that's what I'm up to now -- writing!

I've been working on an old manuscript that needed to mature in my subconscious for awhile. Fester is probably a better word.

These people who can sit down on a Monday morning without a word on the screen and turn off the computer two weeks later with a whole book that was barely a glimmer when they started --well, that's a modus operandi I have no connection with. Wish I could do it! Don't begrudge them a bit. Live long and prosper!

It takes my whole life to write a book -- just parts here and there. Something from 1947, a little from 1958, and 1962 through 1977, most definitely -- it takes every bit of my experience to breathe life into my characters.

So I'm at it again. Today my heroine is having a crisis -- I have to get back to her before she does something rash, or at least in time to help her put the pieces back together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home