My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

There's Hope for College Food!

Every once in a while I actually read my college newsletter. It's easier now that it comes via the Internet, pictures and all. One came yesterday -- I recognized names, some faces, but to say good ol' Edinboro State College, now a University in northwestern Pennsylvania, has changed is an understatement.

A change many might overlook got a lot of coverage -- and it is about time. It was past time back in 1962, the last time I ate in the college dining hall. The chef of Edinboro's food service won first place in Souper Bowl X, which was held on the appropriate day in Erie, PA.

The winning dish was Hungarian Mushroom soup, served not in bowls but in rolls! The guy has imagination! Exactly what was missing when I was queing up for tuna subs and potato chips in Heather Hall's dining room those many years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home