My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last week, I spent about two days (maybe more--it seemed like more) doing my semi-final edits on CRICKET'S MOON. They didn't want to leave the house -- we had to sent them three times before I was sure they were gone. But they finally got where they were going.

NOTE: Doing edits for an electronic publisher is much easier than doing them for a print publisher. Print publishers send a print-out on computer paper -- that l-o-n-g, connected paper, and you are supposed to make your corrections NEATLY, so there are no mistakes, and send the whole thing back intact! (At least that was the way it was when my last print project was in the works -- I barely remember.) Now, we do it on the file and that's pretty much it, very few ways for mistakes to sneak back in. Zap -- it's supposed to go back -- without costing $20 in postage, ot $30 for an ink cart to print out.

Anyway. In the middle of that, a dear writing friend who has an audio book company called and asked if I'd be interested in having ONCE AGAIN A PRINCESS produced as in audio book. That's interesting. That is a book that goes way back--I wrote while I was recovering from eye surgery just to amuse myself. It became my first ebook, and I love it for breaking every rule I thought I could get away with.

Anyway, this afternoon the editor from my epublisher emailed me that she needed a copy of THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE, my next ebook under contract, because she couldn't find it. No problem! The file has already been sent to her.

So -- CRICKET'S MOON comes out July 10 -- two weeks from tomorrow! (Mild panic.)
THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE comes out September 18.
And ONCE AGAIN A PRINCESS -- we're talking November.

I have a career again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home