My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, May 07, 2010

The Search Is On!

Very early on in the history of my electronic writing career, I had a Rocket e-Book Reader, and I loved it! It had its limitations, but I coped. It lost its integrity several years ago and sits in its case on the bottom shelf on this computer desk, a museum piece, still loved but a better doorstop than an e-book decoder.

Yesterday I went looking for a replacement, money in my purse to buy one. My son Stephen and I looked first at the I-Pad. Interesting, but expensive, and I would need to have my computer upgraded to accomodate it. So we kept looking.

At a Best Buy store, we saw three e-books in a display. The one that Stephen was most impressed with was the Nook -- it has a second screen that allows searching for other text, looking up a word or checking a fact -- without leaving the material being shown on the main screen. Now, for a writer, this could be neat! And -- it's a little over half the price of the I-Pad -- and when you figure in salestax -- I don't have Scots lineage in my background for nothing!

I haven't plunked down my money yet. I need to consult my computer guy about upgrades, and I may look into other devices. But as a writer and a reader, I need one of these things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home