My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Weird Weather

Our weather today is what it should have been for January in Tennessee. Cold and dull. When the weather was warmer than usual a few weeks ago, I had the feeling of dread. There is such a thing as the Law of Averages, and it will jump up at the least opportune times and inconvenience you.

Why am I worried about it? Well, I'm going to California in March. I'm going to Long Beach to stay on the Queen Mary for a few days. I'm the President of the Electronically Published Internet Connection, a group of writers, publishers, editors and other industry professionals.

So I am afraid that on March 9th (or worse yet 10th) Tennessee is going to be paralyzed by a blizzard and I won't get to go to the conference. There is historic precedent for this. There was a really bad storm on March 9, 1996, the year we moved here. I hope it doesn't happen again. I've made one new dress already, have another garment cut out, have a list, checking it twice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home