My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, February 04, 2005

The Sun Shineth

After all the cold, dreary dampness we have been subjected to (but nowhere near as bad as other areas) we have sunshine today, and look for a bit more warmth this afternoon. There are signs of life in the yard, for which I am very thankful.

It's hard to think of things I should be doing when the weather draws me outside. I poke dead leaves away from the crocuses and daffodils that are peaking through the ground, some of the earlier ones already showing buds. I pick up so many fallen twigs and branches that I joke the nickname "Fribble" means silly old woman who picks up twigs.

We will have about three or four more weeks of winter, barring a blizzard the day before my flight to California. I don't care if is rains or snows (lightly). Just give me those spring flowers and I'll be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home