My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, April 01, 2005

I Need a Kick-Start

I've taken a long time off from my writing, and I need to get back to work. The problem is that, as a writer, I often doubt my skill, my topic selection and my talent.

The story that is uppermost in my mind is one I might look at on a shelf of books and say "who cares!" But it's the story that wants to be told. It's not a true story, but it could be. Someone could actually do what my main character wants to do -- providing conditions were right.

Every day I see announcements of wonderful books that people have written -- at least the blurbs portray them as the next greatest book -- and I wonder why my books don't get that much attention. Maybe I ought to just go ahead and get the book out of my head. If somone likes it and publishes it, and other people buy it, good.

If not, at least I won't have a headache anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home