My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, May 30, 2005

Who Cares? I Do!

I just heard on NPR/All Things Considered that about 18,000 people die each year because they do not have health care coverage adequate for their problems.

That is roughly six times the number of people who died on 9/11!

Our country has been twisted into corkscrews as the result of 9/11, but the powers in Washington DC don't care a whit, it seems, about the 45,000+ people who have no health care, and the millions more whose plans are inadequate when something major strikes them down. They've got theirs -- why should they care about the rest of us!

I've been living for the last ten years without a cent of medical coverage. I've been dealing with the odd discomforts with over-ther-counter, cheap-as-possible remedies, dreading the moment disaster will strike. Medical care of a substandard quality will been forced on me, and it will take every bit of my savings and still leave me at the mercy of our government's whims and our health systems' greed.

Does anybody care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home