My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

While I Was Out

It's summer and people are supposed to be out and about more. I think air conditioning has convinced people to stay inside more in the summertime, especially in the South.

But I was noticing today that there is still a lot of outdoor furniture around. We have a picnic table that we have used exactly once since my husband built it last year. And he didn't even use it -- one son, my daughter and a friend and I used it one Sunday when there was an overflow of eaters and not enough room at the dinner table.

Down the road there are groupings of resin chairs. At one of the horse-farms, there's an installation of Adirondack chairs and settee by the pond, but I've never seen anyone using them. There's evidence that the horses consider them delicious.

We went past another property where there was a table and fancy little iron chairs. Those chairs must be miserable to sit on.

We don't sit outside, and we don't even have air conditioning. We have huge maple and walnut trees that shade the house, but we never use the bench or porch swing anymore. Too busy, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I make a point of using the picnic table on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day. Occasionally, we have a big family gathering for a graduation--so I'll cook up burgers on the grill for that, too.

We don't have a big porch. I wish we did.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home