My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I've Been Sick

I've said many times that old age isn't for wusses. The past few days have proven my theory.

Thursday afternoon I was weeding the garden, around the dogwood and rose campions. When I finished, my right hip was itching, and when I inspected it, it was covered with some red welts. Well, yuck. The next morning, I had blistering on my back. The fact that we don't have a lot of mirrors was not bewailed -- I was glad I couldn't see what was feeling hot and --ewwwwww!

I was able to get to a doctor (actually, a nurse practitioner) within a few hours. Her diagnosis? "Ewwwwww." (I could have gone into medicine.) Shingles!

Now, my drug program doesn't kick in until day after tomorrow. The meds cost almost $200. But I'm getting better. I don't know if the pills did it -- I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I found a tube of Aloe Vera cream in the medicine chest. Aha! AHHHHHHHH! Good stuff. I seem to recall it was in a Sunshine Basket Hubby got when he had his gallbladder surgery -- so it didn't cost us anything.

Nope, this side of 65 isn't for the faint of heart. Just looking in the mirror will turn your hair white.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Sorry to hear about the shingles. I hope you're all over it by now.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home