My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Polite Term Is Writer's Block

...And what I call it, I won't bother to spell out.

Anyway, every writer gets spells of it -- or non-spells of it. I went out to work in the garden to think about my next scene while I had long-handled tools in my hand. What ideas I got evaporated while I was putting the wheelbarrow and the tools away. By the time I got into the house, I'd forgotten whatever idea I had.

Yesterday. while I was making quilt blocks -- that didn't go all that smoothly, by the way -- I had some thoughts, but nothing to use in the current project. I'm planning to do another quilter-heroine book sometime soon, but not today.

I had an idea while I was in the half-sleep of waking up this morning. You know what happens? One whiff of the coffee and -- poof! -- away it goes.

But I will get back to Chapter Eight. I know I will...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home