My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm Too Mean To Be a Grandmother!

One of the hazards of growing old and having had children is that you somehow acquire grandchildren. Granted, I did it the usual way -- by my daughter having them, not adopting or getting someone else's kids by marriage.

But there's a reason I only have to deal with them occasionally. Oh, my granddaughter is now of an age when she is reasonable -- reasonable enough to be graduating high school this year and going on to college. But the grandson is only eight, and Husband and I have to take care of him over Easter break every spring, then for about ten days in the summer. I get to a breaking point very easily.

I should have known this would happen. I had a lot of trouble adjusting to my own children. Luckily they all reached a point very early when they could be settled down with a book and would not let a peep out for hours on end while I wrote or read.

But what is it with the current crop of kids? They're so noisy and so reliant on entertainment.

It's a good thing we have Harry Potter on DVD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home