My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Saturday, September 23, 2006

News Turns Me Off

At times in my life, I've been a "news-junkie" sitting in front of the "tube" and soaking it all in. I saw the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald on the screen as it happened. I saw the collapse of the World Trade Center Tower on the screen as it happened because I was bored waiting for my husband to get ready to go shopping.

But lately I've been giving the network news a pass. Why? Because CBS is my favorite network for news and I can't stand Katy Couric. I don't need a fashion show with my news. I don't need cute or personal. It seems to me we're not getting as much news since she has been in charge -- there isn't enough time for it.

So I've switched to watching some of the PBS news. Sure there are women on PBS, but they wear their intelligence more easily. When they say they are reporting in depth, it is in depth.

When I want to be entertained, handsome men and pretty women are acceptable. But when I want my news, I want maturity and intelligence to show. That might mean bald heads, double chins and a few wrinkles. Maybe even glasses. Gravitas!

Katy Couric doesn't have it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home