My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, October 27, 2006

You've Got To Be Careful!

The other evening, we were finishing up dinner and there was a bit on the evening news about a credit card scam -- people call on the phone and ask for your information. They've already stolen your card and are going to try to use it.

Just as the piece was wrapping up, the phone rang. My son answered it -- sure enough someone wanted my credit card number "so they could give me a better rate."

My son told them. "We don't do that type of business over the telephone!"

I would have been less polite, but I did bring him up to have manners.

My son said that it was the curse of having a good credit rating. Well, dern! Deadbeats don't get this sort of thing? Well, they probably do, but my mind boggles at the scenarios that scammers could get into . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home