My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, October 08, 2007

And Not a Drop To Drink!

When I got up this morning at 5:15, I discovered we didn't have any water. We determined that our pipes were not at fault. In this dry spell, there have been several water main failures in the neighborhood. When I called our water company, I found out that they knew all-l-l-l about it -- most of the county is without water, some since Saturday morning. They thought they had fixed the problem, only to have it blow again.

We had an ace in the whole -- three rain barrels that had some water in them. They also had walnut leaves in them, so the water was a suspicious shade of brown, good enough to flush with.

Son went to a place where we can get spring water for a small fee -- they were doing a brisk business. We just saw on the television that the schools will be closed again tomorrow. When we open a tap, it just growls.

Hold on! Update to report! We now have a product that can best be described as a substantial dribble.

I'll keep you posted. (At least my my steam iron is loaded!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home