My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

It'll Take a Miracle!

Each of the eleven summers I have lived here, there has been a surprise in the garden -- I think I've had enough surprises, but they keep coming.

Last summer, or perhaps the one before, I spotted a pink lily down by the road, and subsequently found it in a plant catalog, listed as a Miracle Lily, I spotted some on the road to the bread store -- yep! Same thing.

Well, when it finished blooming, I marked the place where it was, and today I went looking for a bulb. It's under a low-hanging branch of a tree slated for removal, and surrounded by English ivy, a wild grape vine, grass and bugs.

I have a short-handled shovel for such tasks, but I had to go back to the shed to get a heavy-duty pruner to take care of the grape vines, both above and below ground level. I had to press Husband into service -- but he's given up on it for the time being. I'm pooped.

Wonder if I have enough energy to find that plant catalog. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home