My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's All Over But the Coughing

I've had bronchitis. I hate to be sick, especially with breathing difficulties. I had asthma as a kid. I hated the stuff that my mother burned at the side of the bed. It was supposed to help -- I don't think it ever did. I take Vicks -- in any form. But I use it.

When I was a kid, everyone heated with coal -- and probably the worst offender was the school I went to. We walked a mile down hill to school, back up hill for lunch, back down after lunch, back home after school. It was a strain on our lungs.

The coal furnaces are gone, replaced with whatever -- things that definitely don't pollute the home quite as much, even though they my pollute somewhere else. Where the breathing problems come from as anyone's guess. A vile germ, a dumb food allergy -- whatever.

But I've miss three Sunday's of church services. If there is anything I hate, it's to hear someone coughing up a lung during a church service, so I stay home out of respect for other people.

But I'm better now -- just short of breath now and then, and I try not to cough when anyone else is around. Another few weeks and cold season starts! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home