My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, February 29, 2008

A Disappointment

I was asked by a couple of loyal readers to update you on my results with trying to root a rose cutting. Well, the heading says it all. At first, things were going well, but I took the pot out to the greenhouse and we got some cooler temperatures than I would have liked. I brought it back into the house -- so my thinking is that it might have done better if I had just left it in the house the whole time. My second thought is that it might have suffered from an uneven moisture level.

I am not deterred! I'm going to try rooting some other plants -- namely rosemary, which I understand roots easily. I probably should have started with something that was more of a sure thing from the beginning, but that's just me!

My seeds are sprouting yet, but again, cooler temps in the greenhouse, maybe even the uneven watering. . . I did make one discovery, though! Some time ago, we splurged on getting a barbequed chicken from the supermarket, and the container it was in make a spiffy starter container for seeds. It has a high enough clear dome with holes in it, and the tray is big enough for an 8-pack of peat pots.

I may develop a craving for barbequed chicken. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Thanks for the tip on rosemary. I have one plant, but if I can make cuttings and root them that would be great.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home