My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

He's a Sweetie!

It's been a hard past few weeks. Loved having my grandson Egan here all last week. He's almost eleven and has developed a sense of humor. But he also has developed a deep and abiding love for his Wii. Hm.

The weather has been more dreary than fits my mood. I needed sunny. I was dealing with two flats of pansies -- and sore knees.

But the hardest part of the recent past is getting the news that Husband is diabetic. He's the last person you'd think would have the problem. He's the first person you'd think might ignore it.
Ah, but that Marine training kicked in full force. He is revamping our diet -- reading all the books, the ingredients. . .making sure I eat all the things he can't have anymore. I suspect they will never cross the doorstep again.

He started with a reading of 421, and ten days later, he's down to 112. I'm proud of him. But I've lost two pounds on his diet.

His new recipe for chocolate chip cookies rocks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Betty-VA said...

Fribble, long time no visit. Just read your DH discovered he's diabetic. Mine just discovered it, too, during pre-op testing for his new hip he received last Monday. I'm interested in the diabetic choc. chip cookies.
Betty in VA

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home