My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Going to be a Busy Summer!

I was taking things slow. The garden needed serious work -- weeding, transplanting, compost pile maintenance -- and I have sewing to do -- a quilt for my granddaughter to commemerate her graduating from Warren Wilson College, and baby dresses for a crop of newborns among my acquaintences.

Then Donna Wright of Always Keepers (audio books) called to chat and asked me if she could take a look at the file for BLACK TIE AFFAIR, which Zebra published in 1998. Well, there is no file -- so I dug out a copy and started typing it again! If you have a copy of it. . . Personally I think it's a great summer read.

Then there is a matter of irises -- I've got too many. Fourteen different colors of them, spread over several gardens. One neighbor mention admiring them -- he's now a proud owner, as are a couple of sisters who have new houses and lots of land. (They think I know what I'm doing!)

This is all distracting me from the effects of aging on my body. It's hard to get to sleep at night with aches and pains -- but it's a good time to plot, Books and gardens and things the guys who live with me (Dear Husband and Dear Son) don 't need to hear about right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home