My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recuperating Is Not for Sissies

But I think I'm going to make it anyway.

It helped that, the other day when I went to see my doctor, he looked at me, took a step backward and said, "You look good for being eight days post-op!" Guess that's the best you can get from a surgeon.

I didn't tell him that I tried to grab a quick nap in his waiting room. The Bard said: "Sleep knits up the ravelled sleeve of care." Who am I to argue that?

But I'm trying to do as many of my little chores as I can handle within the parameters of doctor's orders and not leave things in a mess just because someone will pick up after me. Church tomorrow? I'll decide at the moment.

Healing can't be rushed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marge Gordon said...

Keep on keeping on. Got you on my prayer list!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home