My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, August 06, 2010

A Crisis Forced Upon Me

I thought it was a hemorrhoid. After all, I had borne three healthy children, all of whom weighed over seven pounds, and I'm not a large woman. My doctor -- a lovely woman with whom I have good rapport and a lot of confidence -- examined me examined me and thought it was a hemorroid, too. She suggested, considering my age, I might want to have a colonoscopy. I gave it a few days thought, mulling over all the aspects of our conversation and decided -- it would be a good idea.

What we both thought would be no big deal turned out to be a cancerous tumor in a very uncomfortable place. By next Tuesday noon, it's not going to be there anymore. Things are more complicated than I thought, involving complicated, irreversible changes to my body and my lifestyle. I didn't think, when I got the initial news, that I was going to be able to cope.

Now I'm a little more reassured. I've met some very positive and reassuring people who have explained things and answered questions -- some before I asked them.

The period of adjustment isn't going to be easy, but I have the support of Husband and Son, the congregation of my church and a lot of friends on the Internet. I won't post about details, but if anyone else finds themselves with a similar situation, I'll try my best to be a part of their support system, as so many are supporting me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marge Gordon said...

You are in my prayers!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home