My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, June 18, 2010

Ohmigosh! Father's Day!

Yep, it's come around again, that hidden holiday. It always sneaks up on me.

This year, I thought I'd outsmarted the hassle. When we were in Lowe's the other day, I spotted a rosebush Ken had been craving and bought it for him, stupidly thinking I had the Day covered. Silly me.

Yesterday, my daughter Lynnora announced on Facebook that she and her husband Steve were coming Sunday to visit us. Barely a nanosecond later, son Dana William announced he is planning to come tomorrow. I love all these people but -- I've been writing, gardening and sewing for months -- and I have not been cleaning. You may laugh. I am shaking my head.

When a Catagory IV like this happens, Marine-Corps trained DH jumps into action to "police the area." You may know the type. Mister Clean -- with white hair and no earring. So far he's scrubbed the kitchen floor, swept son Stephen's office, the furnace nook and the front hall. I sewed one seam on our granddaughter's graduation quilt (over a month overdue, BTW) and moved enough fabric so that I could get the fabric cupboard in the dining room closed. (Don't even think of opening it!)

I'm on tea break, and so is Ken. Oops, he's moved! He's about to start cleaning again -- and I know I'm just stupid enough to try to keep up with him.

It's going to be a long, hot day. And tomorrow we have to cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home