My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Issues to Consider

I listen to NPR a lot, and this noon on Fresh Air the topic was the globalization of the world. First it was done by countries, -- as in the British, Spanish and Portuguese colonizing the underdeveloped areas of the world. Then it was done my companies -- those multinationals that became mega-companies, like IBM and Wal-Mart. Now, with the communications we have today, it can be done by individuals.

If you have a terrific idea, you have the opportunity to make it into something that can be produced and sold around the world, via the Internet. Many people are doing this. They are not hampered by geography, or even by physical problems, if they can put their plans into action. This is my own extrapolation, not one expressed on the program. My own mind started grinding out thoughts.

Electronic publishing is a good example of this. Electronic publishers can be anywhere -- New Zealand, or Iowa. They don't have to be in New York City or London. And the customer can be far, far away from a brick-and-mortar bookstore and still have just what they want to read.

We live in a wonderful age. I just wish I knew how to make the most of it... I need to go think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home