My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, July 25, 2005

Am I Working Too Hard?

I'm in the process of retyping my book BUILDING PASSION, the first book of mine that was published, back in 1983. It was never on computer, so in order for it to come out again as an ebook, I need to retype it...all those words...a huge number of words.

One day last week, I typed for a long time. It felt good. But the next day, I could barely stand to read the book, let alone copy it. I did a lot of typing today, because the month is coming to an end, and I want to get it to the publisher. Otherwise there will be a hole in my royalty checks, as if there isn't already a big enough hole.

Now, I might be able to do another four pages tonight, but I've about decided to give it a rest -- and watch Tiger Woods and John Daly play golf. I think I need to pace myself.

It's not as though I can just put the book beside me and copy from it. It has to be magnified, and the magnifier has to be adjusted every few paragraphs. I have to decide if I'm going to contract words or leave them long, update or not update.

It's work.

I think I'll watch Tiger work for a while. Tomorrow is another day, even if my grandson is coming to stay....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home