My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

You'd Think I'd Outgrown This Stage

My daughter is, well, a grown woman, married for sixteen years and divorced, not thinking of marrying again. That's background.

Yesterday my husband and I were invited over to Asheville to have lunch with her intended's mother. Now, I'm a little old for worrying about events like this. For one thing, I have about gotten over my fear of public speaking, meeting important strangers and going into strange places. I have not, however, been completely cured of foot-in-mouth disease I suffered though in my youth.

Well, she was a nice lady and didn't make me feel that I was the scum of the earth. Maybe she was impressed by my husband and me. Anyway, on the way home, I reflected that I was concerned for no reason at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home