My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Just When We Thought We Could Take A Nap...

I woke up from my afternoon nap to my wind chimes playing a Brandenberg Concerto. Suddenly there was no sunshine coming in through the window -- so I got up, thinking it was much later than it was. After I checked the clock, I decided to go outside and see what was happening. A writer always needs little bits of observation tucked away.

I didn't tarry when the wind freshened -- I retreated to the house. My son reminded me that I hadn't blogged yet, so I began the drill. Read email. Answer email. Go to the blog site. But the power was flickering. I heard a loud noise and went to check out what was happening. Th wind was blowing rain and leaves almost horizontally down the hill, but I didn't see anything wrong.

Then husband almost ran me down, fetching his jacket and ball cap. "Limb came down." Sure enough. The limb-shedding tree had dropped another one from way up at the top -- which meant it took more limbs down on its way to the ground. What a mess.

Mercifully, after I'd dragged about as many limbs as I could back to the burn pile. the chain gave way on husband's saw. I was out of breath. Good timing. At least the driveway is clear. He can go to Lowe's now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home