My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Saturday, July 22, 2006

It Rained All Night

Like the rest of the country, it has been hot in east Tennessee. I've had to haul water to my garden, a do a little sprinkling with the hose. All of us had gotten to the point where we hardly wanted to move.

But last night we got rain, about half an inch of it -- off and on through the late evening, during the night, and into the morning hours. It was wonderful.

We have a metal roof on our house. We think it was original to the front section -- the new section, which was built in 1900. I used to think that rain on good ol' asphalt shingles was good enough, but if you haven't heard rain on a tin roof, it is something else! It is a lullaby.

I'm reminded of the song from Camelot -- I think the song is Camelot -- when it says that it only rains there at night, probably so no one is inconvenienced. Of course, their houses may have been thatched. Because there is nothing as soothing as rain on a tin roof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home