My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, May 02, 2008

Dog Day Afternoon

At lunch time, we had a mail delivery -- an order of seeds plus a planting tray with lots of little tiny pot-lets in it. My imagination started going wild, but -- I had no potting soil. I expected to twist Husband's arm to take me to Leeper's or Lowe's, but he wanted to check out the new VA Outpatient Clinic in Morristown. Okay -- a ride on a spring day can be nice. I can sit in the car and come up with ideas for my work-in-progress.

He headed for the truck. O found out that on the way to find the clinic, he wanted to drop by a place that could stick some detailing stripes on the truck -- after they cut them out of sticky red paper. I sat in the truck. It was hot. It took time.

Again on the road -- street -- er, Morris Blvd, we were looking for street numbers. You know how hard it is to find street numbers in a commercial section, where all the buildings are back from the road? And small? Well, we overshot -- how we overshot. Well, the Blvd goes up to about 1200 then skips to 3000! So we turned about and went back.

No wonder we missed it.! The sign was small -- white lettering on dark brown, facing the street instead of at an angle. The for Department of Veteran's Affairs were small. And there was no American flag flying! Well, we told them! The girl to whom we suggested a HUGE flag and flags for the five services thought that it was a good idea. I hope they act on it. It would be a lot easier to tell people to look for the flags than the Sunoco station across the street.

By then, I was willing to forget about the potting soil. Husband turned the opposite direction.
I questioned his move and he said he wanted to go to the mall. Actually, he wanted to go to one of the recruiting offices to get a Marine Corps sticker for on the back of the truck. "You are not going to enlist again!" I said firmly.

Luckily all the recruiting offices were closed. (Is that any way to run a war?)

Finally, we went to Lowe's and got my potting soil. It's the good stuff. But it wasn't worth putting that many miles on in the truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home