My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hoping for Salad Days

We have had some ugly weather around here. Okay, so it is nothing like tornadoes or Tsunamis, so I really shouldn't complain -- but I'm going to anyway. We're still behind on rainfall -- the weather man on the TV says we still are owed over 16 inches from last year -- but the guy who is in charge of the rain this year seems to be trying to make up for the deficit.

We had wind Sunday morning. In church, the windows were rattling, and I was afraid one of the old pine trees would topple over on the building. We'd like to have a new building, but not instead of the old one.

The dampness is making things grow -- mostly the grass and weeds. Actually, the herb garden seems to like cold, damp, gray days. I endure the weeding by thinking what nice salads I'm going to have later.

If you haven't started a garden yet, and don't think you want to commit to tilling and all that, consider getting a good sized pot or two, a bag of potting mix, and some lettuce, parsley and chive seeds. And maybe a packet of grape tomato seeds. You can have a little garden on a sunny doorstep.

Lettuce is really easy to grow. Some seeds went astray into my flower beds and are growing beautifully. . . Gee, I hope I didn't forget the Ranch dressing. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home