My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I LOVE GOLF!

I've never really played golf. I can't even remember if I've ever played Putt-Putt. In college phys. ed. we were supposed to learn how, but that particular spring it snowed or rained almost every time we were supposed to go outside.

There was one time, though, we were practicing hitting the ball -- probably driving it. I had my allotted three balls lined up to hit, and was just starting a stoke when the teacher called my name -- loudly. As it happened, she wasn't even calling me but another girl named Jane. But I finished my swing, totally missed the ball I was aimed at, hit the ball beside it a ton! We looked and looked, but we never found that ball!

Okay, so I love Tiger Woods. I've agonized with him this whole Open, knowing he's hurting from this knee operation. At one point, I would not have blamed him if he'd called it quits. But he stuck it out to birdy the last hole and get in a play-off with Rocco Mediate tomorrow.

There's one other connection I have to golf. I began knitting when I was very young, and when I was about 12, I drew my Uncle Art's name for Christmas. He played golf, so I knit him a pair of Argyle socks -- they were quite a production -- red and black with yellow and green intersecting lines, if I recall correctly. He wore them. They were his "lucky socks." My aunt Ruth had to darn the heels twice. At least -- that's what she told me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home