My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

13 Is NOT Unlucky

With my new writing project, I took a huge leap into the unknown. Oh, sure, it's a romance -- of sorts, but it is more Women's Fiction. Yes, COME HOME TO LOVE was a more serious book than my usual romances, but it lies forgotten in the usual stream of romance. But I've taken a leap --

-- And have landed! Last night I got an email from KD Struck, the publisher of Awe-Struck e-Books, saying that she was accepting CRICKET'S MOON for publication late next year. Whoo-hoo!

What's different about Cricket and her moon? Well, Cricket has a social conscience. She wins a huge -- HUGE lottery prize and is moved to use it to advance the condition of the underprivileged people in her county in northern Florida -- most of whom are black. Some people approve -- some don't.

When I was working on this idea, I realized that it is too big for one book. Some of the stories the characters have whispered in my ears are too big for one book. So as it stands now, Cricket is just the first book in a series.

So I've smashed the jinx of being a one-book writer -- or a twelve-book writer. I'm stoked. I'm thrilled. I'm concerned -- because I want to get these books right. I'm -- getting back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home