My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Criminal' Buys Over-the-Counter Drug

I woke up this morning in dire need of my breathing medicine. I got through all last summer without using it, so it got pushed to the back of the kitchen drawer where be keep medicine. (When the kids were small, I decided to keep the medicine in the kitchen where I could keep an eye on it and them -- worked great!) When I caught up to the medicine this time, there were only six pills left, and this morning after I took what I needed, there were only three.

So Husband took me to the drug store on the way home from getting groceries. I looked hard just to find the aisle where the stuff is kept -- reminded once again of Granny Clampett calling the drug store a "whatnot shop." I finally found the brand name way at the bottom of a counter -- just little cards to take to the window in the back to get the real package. HUH!

I had to produce my driver's license and sign my name to purchase the product, my signature meaning that I was not planning to use the medicine illegally. "It's just to save my life," I told the clerk.

Now, I know we have to protect little kids and idiots from taking the stuff "accidentally," but have you seen how it's packaged? I usually break a fingernail opening the box, then I scream . . . How's that for doing something clandestine?

Well, Husband sat patiently in the car. I'm glad he kept the AC running, 'cause I was a little hot by the time I got back to the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home