My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Came in a Box!

When Husband came home from church Sunday, he was less a fount of information than usual. He handed me a prompter and kept saying, "Just wait. It's coming. -- Oh! There it is."

It was Gerald and Louise Barbee's black pick-up truck, and it drove into the yard as close as it could get to the end of the walkway to the house. Well, Louise s one of my favorite people so I went out to say hi.
But they were busy unloading things from their truck -- a rosebush, shiny gift bags, a big green utility box with things poking out of it. A Sunshine Box! For me?

Well, I've put things in SunshineBoxes for other people, often without much thought, usually without putting my name on the token gift. But so many things in that box seemed to be thought out -- things I needed or can use. Two pair of scuffie slippers, night/lounge wear, puzzle book and quilting books that have bearing on current work. Snacks! and fun things!

I was totally taken by surprise, overwhelmed with gratitude -- and appreciation of the thought and humor and friendship extended to me. Next time that big green box shows up in the vestibule of the church, a lot more of my thoughts will be going into it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home