My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Always Knew He Was a Prince

My husband and I have been married for 47 years, and there have been ups and downs -- as in all marriages. And once you get to white hair, glasses and wrinkled skin, well, it's hard to see the love.

But in the month since my surgery, it's hard to miss it. Someone takes my arm when I have to walk a little distance. Or brings me a snack in the middle of the afternoon.

Recovering from surgery is an up-down-sideways path, and last night it was more miserable than most. I asked DH to put his arm around me, and he did, but he also made sure the blanket was in place and that my second pillow was where I needed it. Such little things don't take all the pain away -- but they make it more bearable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie Bentneedle said...

Frib, I have been so out of touch that I had no clue what you've been through recently. I must admit that it sounds as if you've kept a positive attitude, and I will pray that God continues to bless your recovery.
Quilty hugs from Texas - BBN

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home