My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Getting Ready for a Trip

For the next few weeks I'm still President of the Electronically Published Internet connection...and our conference is in San Antonio March 16-19. Now, as some of you may have guessed, I'm pretty much a home-body. Not by choice, may I add. If I had lots of bucks, I'd be traveling every time the spirit moved me.

Traveling, however, involves details, particularly if you are flying. High on my list is dressing so that it will be fairly apparent I don't have explosives secreted on my body, yet being relatively modest. So far, I've been lucky.

But there are a couple of things that happen every time I schedule a trip. I always notice that I need new underwear. Now, I've heard that there is one traveling executive who takes his old undies with him and throws them away after he has worn them, giving himself a little extra room for souveniers on his way home. Balance that with having one's luggage searched and I am in a quandry! Granted, all my unmentionables are white cotton, but one does like to show some decorum.

One of the other constants is that my deodorant always runs out. It's hard to know how much you have left with the modern packaging. When it came in a little glass jar, you knew. When it was a spray can, you knew. With the solid stick, you don't.
Two days before you are scheduled to leave, the little plastic shows up...just when you don't have time to go to the Dollar Store.

Then there is always something you forget! With me it is toothbrushes. I hate having to break in a new toothbrush away from home. Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home