My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Boy, Are My Wings Tired!

Getting to San Antonio was okay -- right on time -- not all that many problems.

Getting home was another story. DFW Airport was experiencing bad weather in fits and spurts, backing up flights both in and out. A flight I had that was supposed to leave SA at 5:30 didn't get off until 6:25, and got into DFW minutes before the takeoff of the next flight. Although I hurried to get to the gate as fast as I could, it was a long distance, and I needn't have stressed myself. The flight scheduled for 8:18 didn't back away from the gate until 12:15, and stood in line a long time.

There was a lot of turbulence in the air because there was a bad storm -- and our plane was so small. The captain announced that we were going to put down at Little Rock for fuel -- and repairs. There appeared to be snow on the grass at Little Rock.
The repairs were done is pretty short order, then the refueling. We had to wait for paperwork! Okay, I know the Gov. is involved in things like that, but I was getting sleepy.

Moments after we were airborn, I could see snow on the leading edge of the wing. Suddenly being so close to the emergency exit was not that comforting. I PRAYED a lot on that flight.

A flight that should have gotten in at Knoxville at 11:30 got in around 6:30 the next morning. My son had waited all night and was particularly troubled when the number of our flight had been removed from the screen int he waiting area.

Anyway, details of the EPICon later -- I'm not rested up yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home