My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quilting Isn't for Sissies

I'm taking part in a challenge to finish the unfinished quilt tops that have been piling up. You have to know that I procrastinate -- but I also show strong obsession/compulsive traits. These characteristics can be at war with each other.

Oh, I started out strong! A friend took in two little kids who needed cuddle quilts, so I dug into my basket and came up with small but pretty tops and whipped them into shape. Then I attacked the Number One challenge, a wedding quilt that is enormous, and I wasn't happy with the machine quilting I'd done on it. I bit my lip and took the seam ripper to the 20% of the quilt that had been done, then devoted my time to requilting, getting it done yesterday shortly after lunch.

There was much rejoicing. I took a deep breath and began planning to tackle my next designated quilt top. Husband came back from visiting our friend who took in the first two kids and told me that she'd taken in another -- a tiny baby who brought literally nothing with her. Luckily, I was sitting down. I reached into the basket and pulled out another little quilt top, about 40 inches square -- and got to work. I finished it today, and washed it so it would be nice and fresh.

Tomorrow, I tend to get back on track. I still have three quilts to finish by the end of the month. If I can stand the pressure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home