My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Is It Spring Yet?

I don't much like this spring. I had lovely daffodils, crocuses and a few tulips -- not as many as I expected. My pink hyacinths were gorgeous enough to slow down the traffic passing the house. But the recent cold snap has ruined my irises, hostas and elephant ears. My rose bushes are pitiful with blasted leaves. The trees and bushes that has started to leaf out have reversed course.

We are expecting daytime temps in the 60's this week, but the nights are going to be chilly. I am not happy! I have seeds to plant, weeds to pull, limp, lifeless foliage to cut back -- plants to pray over. It's not something I can do when my fingers are cold and my teeth are chattering.

I'm already a year behind in my weeding, thanks to the attack of shingles I had last year. This weather is good for quilting and for writing, but it's lousy for gardening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home