My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, December 17, 2004

Computer Game Addiction

My name is Fribble and I'm addicted to -- sigh -- computer games.

Back before we even had a computer for me to write on, a high school girl was living at our house for a few months and she had a game computer...I learned to play Megabug. It was truly a guilty pleasure. I neglected housework to play it. Oh, the first step on a slippery slope.

Then I got my first computer, a TRS-80. The kid who taught me to use that computer supplied me with Burger and 13 Ghosts. I turned into an enabler -- I bought my sons a book that told them how to construct their own games. They made one for me that set up premises for romance books.

But when my second TRS-80 died, I had to move on. I tried not to back slide, but over the years, I have had to acknowledge the power of computer games. I've played so many of them, I can't remember them all. Each time I had to upgrade my computer, I sought out new games to waste my time.

I can't start my morning without doing the daily puzzle on JigZone. I've gotta have my Gem Drop and Jewel Quest, Text Twist and Bookworm...I'm a sorry mess.

Someday I'll be in an old-folks home, begging someone to let me play Addiction Solitaire on their cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home