My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

First Snow of the Winter!

I don't really like snow. It's cold. It's wet. I've seen enough to last a lifetime. I was raised in the northwest corner of Pennsylvania. There we had ten months of winter and two months of lousy sledding.

There is only one reason I left Florida -- it's cheaper to live in Tennessee.

But as my son observed earlier today, it's better to get the first snowfall in the middle of December than in late October. Late January would be good -- you'd only have to get through February and March then.

There is maybe one good thing about snow -- it's easier to see the birds feeding of the lawn if there is snow on the ground.

I guess we're done with our fall gardening, whether we want to be or not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

It's in the low 20's-mid 30's in New York.


BBRRRRRRRRRR!!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home