My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, September 19, 2005

I Have To Thank You

A few posts ago, I mentioned that my book, The Hardest Step, was doing well on the publishers' bestseller list. (It's published by Awe-Struck E-Books -- http://awe-struck.net and is also available at Fictionwise.com and other on-line e-book distributors.)

Well, it's doing even better as of today. This is very encouraging.

I'm working on another book now, one with a lot of social and political issues, along with romance and maybe some humor. This is a hard book to do, because I'm so afraid I'll get it wrong. I usually just wing it through the sticky wickets, but when the going gets tough, I do research.

Doing research cuts into writing time, and it often leads a writer down paths that might be terribly interesting but not germane to the issue. There's only so much that can be used.

If you want to read a book where I did hands-on research, read BUILDING PASSION, which comes out at the end of next year. If you can't wait, get a used copy from Amazon or some of the other used book sites. If you want to read a book where I did a major fly-by, read Once Again a Princess, from Hard Shell Word Factory.

No matter what, thank you for reading me--whether my blog or my books.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Doing research cuts into writing time,

True. But I find such interesting stuff--even if it isn't usable. :^)

Nice to know your books are doing well.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home